top of page

Make a Will


If you have any assets in your country of residence, you will almost certainly need to make a will. Each country has its own laws, so you need a local lawyer to advise.

How do you find a suitable lawyer? I suggest:

  • Get 2 local independent recommendations for the same law firm or lawyer. You might try asking a local Facebook chat group for help.

  • Make sure the lawyer specialises in will making.

  • It helps if they speak sufficient English to understand what you want.

  • Check they are listed on the UK Government website. [Link]



  • Make sure you have a UK will for any UK assets.

  • If you have a wife / partner, consider a joint bank account in your country of residence that will automatically pass to the survivor. They will then have immediate access to funds in what may be a difficult time for the survivor.

Lawyer image 2.jpeg
Lawyer image 1.jpeg
bottom of page